Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Visiting the community of Share - Day 3 - 17 Feb 2015



Rebecca writes…
The photo above is showing Jamie hard at work helping in the Share community, cleaning up the weeds. My highlight of today was when I met a child and he is 18 years of age and he seemed so inspiring to me; as he spoke and smiled it was like nothing was bothering him and he was loving life and had no worries, he also seemed very confident and wasn’t shy to speak to new people he had just met.

Natasha (Known to us as Ipotseng) writes…
The support that was there (in the Share care point) was very amazing especially from the care workers and the team.

Thato writes…
The phrase that have I learned today was the greeting …it was ‘Avusheni’ that means ‘Hello’ in English and ‘Yebo’ which means ‘Hello to you too’.

Natalie writes…
The first thing that I was able to experience today was the Women’s Prayer. I thoroughly enjoyed it; it was lovely how there was a sense of trust expressed by everyone even though they hadn’t even spoken to some of us previously.  I liked being made welcome and have been prayed for by Hands members, it helped me feel like I was a part of something wonderful.