Monday, 2 August 2010

Lynne




Hi Folks it's Lynne here. Just for a change, trying the blog in the daytime as I couldn't get it up last night. I am going to try to add some photos this time, to let
you know what we have been up to...
This is not very easy for a technophobe like me so bear with me...

Good picture of the schools party yes? I think this is taken at God's Window in Blyde River Canyon - which is the third largest in the world. We went there yesterday afternoon after church and it was awesome! We went to Touz Hill Church this week, which is mainly white South African, fairly evangelical, as opposed to Hope of Glory last week, which is mainly black South African and more evangelical.
Okay, let's have another look through Richard's photos and see what I can find...
It looks as if the pictures are coming on top of each other instead of following on. Lions and tigers and bears... well not quite, but elephants, giraffes, deer, lots of birds etc. This was the school party visit to Kruger National Park - a bit bigger than West Midlands Safari Park but you get the idea - stay in the car!! We are going there tomorrow, a treat after a hard day's work demolishing the building today. I say treat, if you call getting up at 4am a treat! Most of the gang are knocking the house down at the moment but somebody with a great deal of patience was needed to upload these photos - the two have taken an hour so far!! I can see my family laughing at this and thinking it would have been far easier for me to knock the house down! We are having to be very careful to save as much as possible, as it has to be used again to make another house for a missionary.
Let's go back to why we are really here and see if I can get a photo of Shane playing his guitar...
No I can't, it's here somewhere. The orphans at the kindergarten loved Shane playing his guitar for them. When we went they were asking if anybody had got one - unfortunately not! The picture is at one of the deworming stations - they have to show that they have chewed the tablet before they get the treats - peanut butter sandwich, crisps, an orange and some squash.
Let me try and see if I can put a photo of our group on, bear with me, I'll post this first to be on the safe side...