Thursday, 22 July 2010

Hello everyone :D, Lottie here, Today I want to share a couple of things that really affected and upset me, firstly, we went on a home care visit, where we met an 81 year old lady named Maria, Maria has been blind for 11 years. Her house was a tiny hut, which didn't have much in it, and it didn't smell too good, plus she had had to wee all over the floor, as she didn't have a toilet near by. In the area there is a lack of water, the care workers wanted to bath her but there was no water available. She didn't think she had any food, and we found out that she hadn't eaten since Sunday (today being Thursday) and the care workers gave her some food hey had found, even though it had been there since Monday without Maria knowing. She then told us that she had a special allowance, to buy things she needed such as food, but it went straight to her grandchildren, but they don't give it to her, so she has nothing.
Then we went on to De-worming, it was very upsetting to see that many of the children, if not all, had either ripped clothes, clothes that didn't fit or no shoes on, and many had blown up belly's from a lack of food, and all of the young children looked really scared, so I did my best t make them feel comfortable.
Today has really opened my eyes to the problems these people face, and made me realise how lucky I am and how much i take things for granted.
I miss all of my family, and Andrew, I can't wait to see you again, I'll never take any of you for granted again, I know how lucky I am to have you now. xxxxxxx